Lightroom presets are Instagram filters on steroids
If you’re using Lightroom to post-process your photos then you surely know how to navigate through the develop options (if not, stay tuned for our blog post series about the basics of Lightroom!). All the adjustment you can do (both local and global) can be saved in what we call a preset file. You can then use these presets to batch-edit your photographs or simply build your collection of presets with interesting light/color adjustments you came up with and quickly edit your photos with them. Presets are a great starting point for your post-processing workflow, you can apply the tones and the mood you generally like in your pictures with one click and then tune the photo further to your liking. Think of them as Instagram filters on steroids…
How to install Luxplorers presets and the Preset Bundle? It couldn’t be easier.
1. Launch Lightroom and click on “Edit”, then “Preferences” on a PC or “Lightroom” then “Preferences” on a Mac.
2. A new window with tabs will open. Click on the “Presets” tab.
3. Click “Show Lightroom Presets Folder”.
4. Open the “Develop Presets” folder.
5. Copy the folders (not files!) of your Luxplorers presets and paste it into the “Develop Presets” folder.
6. Restart your Lightroom app, you’ll find your presets in the develop module on the left side, as shown on the screen below.